By joining as a voting member you will become a true owner of the CIVICUS alliance, influencing our policy and priorities and accessing most of the benefits offered to voting members. You will have the right to vote for our Board members and be nominated to serve as a member of our Board of Directors. Special benefits will also apply to this category.
Please note that this membership category is only valid for individuals who have made a significant contribution to civil society in their country/region or globally through representing or advocating for citizen participation and civil society. Applicants are required to submit their CV and 3 references.
To apply, you will have to follow these 5 steps:
1) FILL IN THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM, UPLOAD YOUR CV AND LIST 3 REFERENCES’ CONTACTS. Alternatively, you can send these by email to email@example.com
2) CIVICUS WILL REVIEW THE APPLICATION and if something is missing may contact you to require additional information
3) IF YOU QUALIFY TO BE A VOTING MEMBER, CIVICUS WILL SEND YOU A NOTIFICATION with instructions for the payment of the membership fees (there will be online and offline payment options). In case you don’t qualify as a voting member, you will be given the status of associate member (free, lifetime, basic membership).
4) Once notified about your eligibility, YOU SHALL PAY THE MEMBERSHIP FEE (50 US$). If no payment is received within 30 days from the notification, you will become automatically an associate member (free, lifetime, basic membership).
5) Once payment is confirmed, you will receive a receipt with a membership number.
CIVICUS recognises that some civil society representatives are keen to support our work as fully affiliated voting members, but may be unable to pay the required membership fees. Under exceptional circumstances, CIVICUS offers one year voting membership fee waivers. To apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to the CIVICUS Alliance!
* Mandatory fields for registration